Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Reader Indigestion

Welcome to my blog, "Reader Indigestion"! I love the the adventures, feelings and philosophies that well written books convey. Most of all I love how points of view are transmitted from the author's mind through rich plots and unique characters.

Books help to transport us temporarily to other worlds, other times and other perspectives that we wouldn't be able to imagine on our own. I think if the masses take time to view life through someone else's eyes every now and again, the world would be infinitely better!

In such a divided world, full of discourse and division, politics and wars and with so many technological distractions, the value of words joined together to form characters and plots seems even more special. With seemingly every television network's talking heads and politician guests spreading their own form of lies and hate disguised as logic and reason, it's so refreshing to read a wonderful book to gain refreshing, new perspectives. That reminds me of one of my favorite quotes, "Artists use lies to tell the truth, while politicians use them to cover the truth up". I love the artist's lies!

The best part of reading is, instead of somebody telling me how to think, I get to read a story and decide on my own what to add to my "overall philosophy". Plot and character facts cannot be challenged. The interpretation of plot and characters into deeper levels can be challenged and it's up to the reader to figure out and constantly debate their deeper meaning. The best prescription for my indigestion is QWERTY keyboard!

The inspiration for "Reader Indigestion" is the excess of digestinal juices, stirring up in my body after reading a particularly great book that slightly changes my philosophy on things. Every book seems to alter (make that add) to my viewpoint. This blog is my electronic pepto-bismal! I think it might help and maybe some of the masses will appreciate my perspective...

No comments:

Post a Comment